The department of labour has launched another website for UIF claims for Temporary Employer-Employee applications.
Previously, the Portal that was initially launched saw people facing problems when applying due to its tight and complicated process. as it was reported that only 136 out of 39,000 applications successfully processed through the previous portal.
15,755 of these applications were duplicates, and of the remaining applications, only 16,534 were in the correct CSV file format. Of these, only 136 contained the correct information, said the UIF.
Due to the problems of having to submit a CSV file which is responsible for all these unsuccessful applications, the new online portal no longer requires that process. This new portal has been made even more user friendly as you can now complete a series of online forms and register a profile on the department’s website.
Also, note that there will need to complete and confirm banking details through submitting a PDF document and completing a few step by step processes on the portal.
How To Apply for UIF.
- Visit the UIF TERS application portal.
- Register a profile on the portal (username, password, email address, and contact number)
- Enter the company’s information and banking details
- Accept memorandums of understanding (MOAs) before uploading confirmation of your business banking details.
- Submit a CSV file with Employee details or Upload employee details individually
After completing all these steps, your application should be intact so you can submit and it can be processed by UIF.
Please note that the new UIF could be flagged by browsers as unsecure because the portal is using outdated technologies which google says could be used by attackers to collect details of users.