I am sure i am not the only one who has been the subject of device thefts and losses during my entire lifetime. This bring me to an understanding that i am also not the only one who tried to figure out how i can find or lets say trace my Windows Laptop after it has been stolen without any luck over the years. That stops now because Microsoft made a few changes back ion 2015 on a Windows 10 Update which came with that feature you had been cry for so long time.
So here is how you can use the feature to find your lost Windows device.
1. Tap on the Windows icon to open the Start menu.
2. Select Settings.
3. Tap Update & security.
4. Select Find My Device. If you don’t see this option, tap on Windows Update, select Check For Updates and install all available updates.
5. Tap Change. If this box is greyed out, tap on “Turn on location settings to use this feature,” and enable location settings in the following menu.
6. Switch “Save my device’s location periodically” on.
How to Use Find My Device to Track a Missing Windows 10 Device
1. Visit https://account.microsoft.com/devices on any computer, and select Sign In.
8. Sign in with your Microsoft Account name and password.
9. Select Find My Device.
And now you’ve found that missing computer!